Looking forward to having you on board; here's what to expect.
- Arrive at our Newport Harbor Hotel Marina dock, 49 America’s Cup Avenue.
- Onshore staff will greet you there 30 minutes prior to sailing for check in.
- Waivers will be signed prior to heading to boats.
- Crew will assist with boarding and stow guest’s gear below deck and familiarize you with the yacht.
- The Captain will introduce the crew, give a safety talk & brief history of the yacht as they cast off the dock.
- Guests are encouraged to help raise the sails as you head out through the harbor.
- Those who wish to participate will be assigned sailing positions and given instructions.
- Our friendly and professional crew will point out safety tips, retrieve guest’s stowed gear from below decks, pass out complimentary beverages and answer any questions the guests may have – our crew is there to enrich your sailing experience.
- All the yachts have a head (bathroom).
- We have complimentary water & seltzer on board. You’re welcome to bring other provisions, beer, white wine, sandwiches, finger foods or packaged snacks.
- If your Private Charter involves multiple yachts we’ll organize your guests into teams prior to boarding.
- The captain will tailor the sail, whether you’re seeking relaxation or the challenge of a team building experience.
- Crew assign positions and guests are given instruction.
- Teams practice trimming, gybing and coming about prior to racing.
- Once practice is complete, teams head to the start line. The race course will depend on weather conditions and length of charter. The start will be either “rabbit start” or a Race Committee boat will coordinate the start.
- We aim for 2-3 races per charter, depending on the length of charter. It’s also dependent if you are taking a lunch break.
- Once the day’s racing is complete, enjoy a casual sail back to the docks. It’s time to relax and recount the day of racing.
For both Private Sails or Ticketed Sails
- Once we return to the harbor and the sails are lowered and flaked, we return to our docks.
- Guest’s gear is retrieved from below deck and crew will assist with disembarking the sailing yacht.
What to Wear
Be prepared for temperatures on the water to be cooler than on shore, especially in the Spring or Fall. Since New England weather can change quickly, regardless of the weather forecast, we suggest you dress in layers. We recommend that you bring the following in a soft sided bag which can be stowed below deck:
- Hat. Why not purchase one of America’s Cup Charters souvenir caps from our online store.
- Sweater and windbreaker or a warm jacket.
- Sunglass with croaky strap.
- Rubber soled sneakers. Please no black soled shoes or open toed sandals.
- Rain gear if needed.
We sail rain or shine so plan accordingly.